- A fresh bunch of greens - (Arai keerai,Mulai keerai or Palak (Spinach)
- Toor Dal cooked 1/2 cup
- Jeera 1 teaspoon
- Grated coconut 2 to 4 teaspoons
- Red Chilli 4
- Hing a pinch
- Mustard seeds,Urad dal 1 teaspoon each
- Coconut oil - 1 spoon for seasoning the mustard
- Curry Leaves a few
- Salt to taste
- Pluck the leaves from the stem
- Wash the leaves thoroughly to remove dirt and mud that may be found in the greens
- Chop the leaves
- Put the chopped greens in a kadai with closed lid. Add just enough water to submerge the greens and let this cook with the lid closed.
- In a separate kadai dry roast the jeera and chilli.
- Grind the above using a blender along with coconut and the boiled greens.
- Add the cooked toor dal to the above mix, and cook till the raw smell of the ground jeera and the chilli disappears.
- Season with mustard seeds using a little coconut oil and serve hot.
Watch Video here: