Ingredients for 4 adults
- Raw rice or Basmati rice 2 cups
- Lemon- large 2
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ( to enhance the yellow color)
- Green Chillies 3-4
- Mustard 1 teaspoon
- Channa Dal 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves - a few chopped
- Peanuts - 1/4 cup
- Prepare rice using 4 cups of water to 2 cups of rice in a rice cooker.( if you are using pressure cooker see to that the rice is not over cooked)
- Pour the rice in a big vessel and using salad spoon or a fork and sift the rice so that each cooked grain stands alone without sticking to each other.
- Add a spoon of oil and put the chana dal, peanuts and the mustard seeds. After the mustard seeds splutters add turmeric powder. Add the curry leaves and salt. Saute well.
- Pour the cooked rice into the above mix.
- Remove from heat and squeeze the lemons to the rice and mix carefully without mashing the rice.
- Serve with vadaams or chips or tangy pickles.
clearly, It is an engaging post for us which you have provided here about best quality basmati rice in India This is a great resource to enhance knowledge about it. Thank you.ReplyDelete