This is a very tasty pickle that can be made and consumed within a short time. This goes well with curd rice, dosa, upuma etc.
- Fresh green chillies 10 - 12
- Tamarind - lemon sized or two teaspoons of tamarind paste
- Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek (methi seeds) 1 teaspoon
- Urad dal,chana dal 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves (optional) - a few
- Hing powder - 1 teaspoon (or)
- Hing piece - a fairly large piece (thumb size)
- Jaggery (optional) a small piece
- Gingelly oil - 2 table spoons
- Salt to taste
- Slit the chillies and cut into small ribbons . ( seeds need not be fully removed)
- Dissolve the tamarind ( or tamarind paste ) in a cup of water
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and add mustards and saute till the mustard splutters.
- Add the methi seeds ,urad dal,chana dal and hing.
- Add curry leaves (optional), chillies along with a pinch of turmeric powder and saute well.
- Pour the tamarind water and a teaspoon of salt.
- Add the jaggery piece (optional)
- Let it boil thicken.
- Remove from the stove .
That's a unique pickle flavorReplyDelete