உருளை கார கர்ஹி
- Potatoes 4 to 5 large peeled and diced
- Chilli powder 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Mustard seeds, one tsp
- Oil – two tsp
- A few curry leaves
- Pour oil in a pan or kadai and put the mustard seeds wait till the mustard splutters.
- Add the curry leaves and sauté for a minute. Add the diced potato , chilli powder, turmeric powder and a teaspoon of salt and sauté. Sprinkle a little water and keep the pan closed lightly. The potato will start cooking in the steam coming out of the sprinkled water.
- Add one or more teaspoons of oil and keep the pan closed lightly. The potato pieces will start roasting in the oil. Keep turning them occasionally so as not blacken them.