- Basmati rice 2 cups
- Water 4 cups.
- Jeera 2 teaspoons
- Cashewnuts broken 2 teaspoons
- Garlic - two cloves - finely chopped
- Cloves - 2 or 3 pieces
- Cinnamon 1 small piece or 1/4 teaspoon powder
- Cardamom 1
- Oil or Ghee 2 tablespoons ( or can be one each)
- Soak rice for 5 minutes
- In a non stick pan / kadai or a skillet pour the oil or ghee or both and fry the garlic pieces.
- Add all other spices, jeera and the cashew pieces and saute.
- Add water. Add the soaked rice. Add salt as required. Stir once.
- You can cover the kadai with a suitable lid and this will get cooked. ( you can check occasionally to see if it is done) OR
- You can pour the entire fried masala etc. from step 3 into the rice cooker, add water and add the rice and set it to cook.
Post a Comment