Chow Chow Milagootal
சவ் - சவ் மிளகூட்டல்
- Chow Chow (Chayote) - 2 nos
- Toor Dal 1/4 cup
- Jeera 1 teaspoon
- Grated coconut 2 to 4 teaspoons
- Red Chilli or Green chilli 4 or 5
- Hing a pinch
- Mustard seeds,Urad dal 1 teaspoon each
- Coconut oil - 1 spoon for seasoning the mustard
- Curry Leaves a few
- Salt to taste
- Peel and dice the chow-chow. (this peel can be saved to make delicious thuvayal)
- Pressure cook the toor dal and keep aside.
- Put the diced chow chow in a kadai with closed lid. Add just enough water to submerge and let this cook with the lid closed. ( do not over cook)
- Add desired salt and hing powder.
- In a separate kadai dry roast the jeera and chilli.
- Grind the above using a blender along with coconut.
- Add the cooked toor dal to the above mix, and cook till the raw smell of the ground jeera and the chilli disappears.
- Season with mustard seeds using a little coconut oil and serve hot.