- Fresh green coriander leaves, thoroughly washed and drained - two cups
- Dried chillies - 3 to 4
- Urad dal ( ulutham paruppu) - 1 teaspoon
- Mustard 1 teaspoon
- Tamarind - a pinch
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Hing powder 1/2 teaspoon or a small piece of hing
- Roast the urad dal, mustard and the chillies with a teaspoon of oil till the dal becomes roasted to golden brown.
- Grind the above roasted with the small tamarind piece, salt, hing and the leaves to a coarse consistency.
- Remove from the mixie container and store it in a container with lid.
You can also use green chillies instead of dried chillies and this can be added while grinding in place of the dried chillies.