Potato Masal for Poori etc..
This potato masal goes great with Pooris, Dosas ( which becomes Masal dosai) and rotis. This is also very easy to make.
- Potatoes - 4 to 5 large
- Onion - 1or 2
- Channa dal - 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Green Chillies - 1 or 2
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil - 1 teaspoon
- Boil, peel the potatoes, cut into pieces and keep aside.
- Cut the onions into thin vertical slices.
- In a kadai pour the oil and add the mustard seeds and the channa dal.
- Once the mustard seeds splutters, add the onion, turmeric powder and salt.
- Fry till the onion becomes golden brown.
- Add the green chillies.
- Now add the potato pieces.
- Sprinkle water and keep turning.
- You can slightly mash the potatoes while turning them in the kadai.
- Remove while it is thick for masala dosas or add 1/2 cup more of water and cook for a few more minutes if you need to use for pooris.
- If desired, you can add a few drops of lemon juice.