More (Butter milk) Rasam
A very simple and delicious recipe. Many authors do not seem to use the important ingredient 'Omam' (Ajwain in Hindi). This gives the characterstic falvour to this rasam.
Ingredients for 4 adults
- Buttermilk - thin and dilute - 1 and 1/2 glasses
- Omam /Ajwain seeds - 1 teaspoon (IMPORTANT)
- Dried red chillies - 1 or 2
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves - a few
- Coriander leaves - a few
- Oil - one teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- In a thick bottomed vessel pour a spoon of oil. Add a few mustards, the chillies and one spoon of Omam (Ajwain). As the mustard starts to splutter add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Pour the buttermilk immediately over this.Add salt to taste
- Add the curry leaves (optionally Coriander leaves too).
- Cook in a low flame stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the stove a few minutes after it starts to boil.
Post a Comment