A very easy to prepare kheer / payasam which is very healthy and tastes delicious.
- Fresh juicy carrots 2
- Milk 4 cups ( boiled and cooled milk preferable)
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Cashew,almonds a few pieces
- Peel,cut carrots into pieces.
- In a pressure cooker cook the carrot pieces,almond,cashew in a cup of milk for ten minutes.
- After it cools down grind them to a fine paste.
- Pour this thick paste in a kadai add the rest of the milk.
- Boil for 10 minutes in medium flame stirring continuously.
- ( there is no actual need for garnishing. However, you can add a few strands of Saffron to enhance the color and flavor.)
- After this cools down, add sugar.
- Serve chilled.