Fresh mint Thuvayal - Pudina Thuvayal
- Fresh Mint leaves - 1 bunch
- Urad Dal - 2 teaspoons
- Tomato - 1 (optional)
- Red chillies - 3 to 4
- Tamarind - marble size or 1/2 teaspoon of Tamarind Paste
- Hing a pinch
- Coriander leaves - a handful
- Salt to taste
- Remove the leaves from the stalk and wash them thoroughly.
- In a pan using a spoon of oil fry the chillies, tamarind, hing and the urad dal till the dal becomes golden brown.Keep aside.
- Using a spoon of oil, now add the mint leaves, coriander leaves and tomato and saute for a few minutes.
- Grind the roasted dal mixture first. Add the mint leaves to this and grind to a little coarse consistency.
- Remove and serve.