This is a very simple and easy dish to prepare with left over idlis. This can be made from fresh idlis too if you need something spicy and different
- Idlis - 10 to 15
- Onion big 1 - thinly sliced
- Tomato 2 - diced
- Green chillies - cut into vertical pieces
- Oil - 2 teaspoons
- Frozen or Fresh green peas 1/2 cup (optional)
- Idli chilli powder - 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Mustard seeds,Urad dal, channa dal for seasoning - 1 teaspoon each
- Take a big pan and crumble the idlis with your fingers. You can sprinkle water to make it soft.
- In a frying pan add a teaspoon of oil. Once it becomes hot add mustards and the dals. Wait till the mustard splutters
- Add the onions and fry till they are golden brown
- Add salt and green chillies.
- Add the crumbled idlis and and some more oil. You can add the idli chilli powder here if you need. Mix thoroughly.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Ingredients for 4:
Post a Comment