- Boiled rice 2 cups
- Moong Dal 3/4 cup
- Channa dal, Urad dal 1/4 cup ( both in equal proportion to make 1/4 cup)
- Dried red chillies 4-5
- Green Chillies 2
- Salt to taste.
- Soak rice separately and the dals separately for 2 hours.
- Drain water from both the rice and the dals.
- Grind the rice,red and green chillies, a little coarsely using just enough water. Keep aside.
- Grind the dals now a little coarsely using just enough water.
- Mix these batters together with finely cut curry leaves and let it stand for 2 hours.
- Take the batter and dilute with water to a desired consistency.
- Using a tawa, pour a ladle of batter and spread as you do for dosa. ( you can sprinkle finely chopped onions if you desire).Use oil and turn sides till it becomes golden brown.
- Serve hot with a small lump of butter and chutney / sambar.