Kara Sev- Pepper
- Besan flour - 2 cups
- Rice flour - 1 cup
- Ghee or butter - 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder - 2- 3 teaspoons
- Black pepper - 2 teaspoons ( break the whole peppers into smaller pieces)
- Garlic Paste (OPTIONAL) - 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Hing powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil for deep frying
|Nazhi (Murukku Maker)|
If you do not have garlic paste, crush a few garlic cloves and add water and let it soak..
- Mix besan flour and rice flour along with the ghee or butter using 1/4 cup water.( ADD WATER CAREFULLY TO AVOID THE DOUGH BECOMING WATERY). Add salt, chilli powder, black peppers ( broken), (Optionally garlic paste or garlic water),hing and knead the dough.
- Take a small chunk of the dough and stuff into the a 'nazhi' - murukku maker (with appropriate round holes plate), gently squeeze into the hot oil in small bursts. Repeat till the oil is not over crowded with the squeezed in dough.
- Deep fry turning them constantly. Fry till it just turns to golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drop them onto a container lined with paper towel.( to absorb excess oil.)
- The fried karasev tend to be long. You can gently break them using your hand into small pieces of an inch or so and can store in a container.