Peas Panneer Pulav
Ingredients for 4 adults
- Basmati rice 2 cups
- Water 4 1/2 cups.
- Boiled green peas or frozen green peas 1 cup
- Garlic - five cloves - finely chopped
- Panneer cut into small cubes - 1 cup
- Cloves - 2 or 3 pieces
- Cinnamon 1 small piece or 1/4 teaspoon powder
- Cumin seeds (Jeera) - 2 teaspoons
- Cardamom 1
- Cashews broken - a few
- Ginger Garlic paste (optional) 2 teaspoons
- Green chillies 1 or 2 sliced
- Ghee 2 teaspoons
- Oil 1 tablespoon
- In a skillet pour a tablespoon of oil, pour the cut panneer pieces and spread them around. Keep turning them till they turn golden brown. Keep it aside.
- Using a mortar, powder the cardamom, clove.
- Soak rice for 5 minutes
- In a non stick pan / kadai or a skillet pour a teaspoon of oil, saute the bay leaf, ground cardamom-clove powder.
- Add a spoon of ghee and add onion,cashews and garlic and fry till onion turns golden brown.Add the cumin seeds
- Add the panneer pieces, green peas and saute. Add salt.
- Drain water thoroughly from the soaked rice and pour it over the sauted mix.
- Using a ladle, mix the rice, the vegetables and masala thoroughly.
- Add the 4 and 1/2 cups of water.
- Transfer the whole thing to the rice cooker and set it to cook.
- This should be done in 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once it is cooked, stir the cooked rice thoroughly using a spoon of ghee and this is now to ready to serve.
Use onion-curd raitha or any vegetable kurma or just chips.
Post a Comment