|Rava kesari ( without kesar coloring)|
- Rava - 1 cup
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Ghee - 1cup
- Water - 2 and 1/2 cups
- Saffron strands- a pinch
- Elaichi -2-3
- Borneal Flakes (Pachai Karpooram) - a pinch
- Cashew nuts (broken) - 2 teaspoon
- Raisins ( optional) - 2 teaspoons
- Kesari powder ( optional - for coloring) - a pinch - I personally do not use this artificial coloring but instead I use saffron - the natural Kesar for coloring
- In a dry kadai or non-stick pan, add 1/2 cup of ghee and roast the rava till it turns golden brown. Keep aside.
- Fry the cashew pieces till it turns golden brown.
- Using the kadai or the non-stick pan heat the 2 and 1/2 cup of waters.
- Once the water starts to boil, add the roasted rava and start stirring.
- The rava will start to absorb the water and will start to thicken.
- Add the sugar.
- Keep turning the rava sugar mix. Add the rest of the ghee and the roasted cashews, saffron, Borneal Flakes (Pachai Karpooram), elaichi powder and mix thoroughly.( if you are using Kesari color powder add that here)
- Add raisins and remove from heat.