Curry Leaves powder-கருவேப்பிலை பொடி
A very simple powder to prepare which is good for health to eat along with rice.
- Curry leaves removed from stalk - 1 cup
- Dry red chillies 3 -4 ( stalks removed)
- Urad dal - 2 teaspoon
- Black pepper - 2 teaspoon
- Jeera - 2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Hing 1 teaspoon
- In a tawa roast the dal,pepper,Jeera, chilli and hing powder till the dal turns to golden brown. Add the curry leaves and saute further. The curry leaves will lose its moisture and will turn dry
- Grind it along with salt till fine .
Goes well with hot rice with a dash of ghee or a spoon of gingelly oil ( you can use olive oil too) and pappads.