Vellai appam (Kuzhi Paniaram)
This is a very easy and filling snack that can be made in no time. But you require the appa karal as above for better results. If you do not have this, you can use a skilliet ( kadai) to deep fry. It will taste as good, but may consume a bit more oil and may not have the shape.
Ingredients: (Easy method)
- Dosa batter ( Dosai mavu) - 2 cups
- Onion large 1
- Green Chillies 3 - 4
- Hing a pinch
- Curry leaves - a few
- Coriander leaves - a few
- Cut onion, chillies and the curry leave into small pieces.
- Mix the above with the batter. Add Hing.
- Graese the 'Appa Karal' with oil.
- Pour a spoon of batter in each of the greased cavities.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of oil in each of the cavities.
- Turn each of the appams using a knitting needle / knife.
- Test one of the appams to see if it is well cooked.
- Remove from heat. Serve hot.
This goes well with coconut chutney.
Post a Comment