Masala peanuts is a great snack for the evening and is best enjoyed piping hot during the rainy times!
Increase the quantities proportionately if you need more
- Raw peanuts 1 cup
- Besan flour 1 table spoon
- Multi purpose flour (maida)/ corn flour - 1/2 table spoon
- Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Hing powder - a pinch
- Olive Oil / Ghee - 1 teaspoon
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- In a salad bowl put the raw peanuts, besan flour, maida / corn flour, salt, a pinch of hing and the chilli powder
- Pour the ghee or oil and mix thoroughly till the peanuts are completely coated with the dough.
- The dough should not be too dry or too soggy. Sprinkle a little water if the dough is dry.
- In a deep frying pan pour the oil just enough to immerse the peanuts and wait till it hots up.
- Drop the peanuts coated in the dough into the oil a little by little.
- Remove once the coated peanuts turn golden brown and crispy
Tastes great with your tea or just to snack around.