Aloo Poha/Potato Aval Upma/Potato Poha is a quick and delicious breakfast item which can be made 10 minutes.
- Aval/Poha 1 Cup
- Green Chilli 2
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry Leaves few
- Salt To taste
- Onion 1
- Potato 1 or 2
- Oil 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- Urad dal 1 teaspoon
- Channa dal 1 teaspoon
- Take the aval/poha in a vessel or salad bowl and sprinkle some water and mix well. Drain excess water. Keep this aside for 5 minutes . This will make the poha/aval soft
- Finely chop the onions and green chillies and keep it aside
- Cut / dice the potatoes to small pieces
- In a pan or kadai, add oil. When the oil becomes hot, add the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add channa dal and urad dal and fry till it turns golden brown color.
- Add the potato pieces,chopped onions, green chillies, turmeric and curry leaves and fry till the onions turn transparent. Close with a lid till the potatoes aare cooked and has become soft
- Add the now soft poha/aval and mix them all well carefully without mashing the poha.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, garnish with Coriander / Cilantro leaves and serve hot.