கொத்து கடலை சுண்டல்
This sundal is not only good for health as it has good protein and fiber content but also an important offering for festivals like Ganesh Chaturthi, Saraswathy pooja etc.
Ingredients for 4
- Dry Channa ( Kothu kadalai or Konda Kadalai) - 2 cups
- Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- Urad dal 1 teaspoon
- Chilli Powder 1 teaspoon (or) Dry Red chillies 4
- Hing a pinch
- Curry Leaves a few
- Grated coconut 2 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Oil for seasoning 1 teaspoon
The Channa dal, either the black or white variety should be soaked in clean water overnight ( 8 to 10 hours)
- In 4 to 6 cups of water adding a teaspoon of salt, pressure cook the dal for 20 minutes. ( take caution that the dal is not overcooked)
- Drain the water and keep aside.
- In a pan heat the oil ( coconut oil will add flavour) , add the mustard seeds and the urad dal. ( if you are not using chilli powder you can add the dry chillies here after breaking them into small pieces)
- Once the mustard splutters add the cooked dal, the chilli powder, curry leaves and hing.
- Add the grated coconut and saute for a few minutes in low flame.