( It does not matter if you do not have one or two of the below vegetables)
- Ash gourd (white pumpkin) - 200 gms (one piece)
- Pumpkin - (Parangikai) - 200 gms (one piece)
- Drumstick - 2
- Flat beans (avaraikai) - 200 gms
- Beans - a few
- Chow Chow - 1
- Raw banana - 1 no
- Brinjal(Eggplant) - 2 to 3 nos
- Raw Mangoe (optional) - 1
- Carrots - 2
- Potatoes - 2
- Snakegourd (Pudalngai) - 1/2
- Elephant Yam -Senai - 1 piece
- Green chillies - 4 to 5
- Grated coconut 1 cup
- Jeera - 1 teaspoon
- Raw rice - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coconut oil - 2 tablespoons (1/2 cup)
- Curd - 1 to 1 and 1/2 cups
- Curry Leaves a few
- Salt to taste
- Wash the vegetables and cut them into even ,thin pieces. ( not very thin , otherwise they may lose their shape and dissolve)
- Grind the coconut,green chillies,jeera, rice and add the ground paste to one cup of curd and keep aside.
- Put the chopped vegetables in a kadai with closed lid. Add just enough water to submerge the vegetable pieces and let this cook with the lid closed.
- Keep checking if they are done.
- If they are cooked and you find excess water, you can drain the excess water.
- Add this ground paste to the boiled vegetables.
- Mix thoroughly and add the rest of the curd.
- Add the coconut oil and curry leaves.
- Serve hot.