Pakora - Pakoda
Pakoras or Pakodas as called in South is a great snack for the evening and is best enjoyed piping hot during the rainy times!
- Besan flour 2 cups
- Rice flour - 1/4 cup
- Ginger - small piece
- Green chillies - 10 -12
- Cashew pieces - 1/4 cup
- Cooking soda - a pinch
- Curry leaves a few
- Coriander leaves - a few
- Onion - 1 or 2
- Ghee - 1 table spoon
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Hing - a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Cut the onion into thin pieces. Cut the green chillies,ginger and the curry leaves and put these into a bowl
- Pour the ghee,add salt,baking soda,hing powder and mix thoroghly for 5 minutes.
- Add the besan flour and the rice flour and the cashew pieces
- The dough should not be too dry or too soggy. The dough should crumble in your hands.
- In a frying pour the oil and wait till it hots up.
- Drop the dough into the oil a liitle by little without too much of shaping them
- Remove once the pakoras turn golden brown and crispy
Tastes great, plain or with tomato sauce.