Tomato Onion Garlic soup
Tomato Onion-Garlic Soup
Ingredients for 2
- Fresh ripe tomatoes 2-3
- Big onion - 1/2
- Garlic clove 2-3
- Green chilli 1-2
- Coriander leaves (Parsley) - a few leaves
- Soup stick (optional) as many as required
- Bread slices (optional) - 3-4
- Salt , Pepper powder to taste
- Fresh cream (optional) - 2 teaspoon
- Cut the bread slices into small cubes
- Heat a frying pan/tava or preheat the oven.
- Place the bread pieces in the pan /oven and on a low flame/heat toast them till they are browned and crisp on both sides.
- Set aside
- Wash the tomatoes thoroughly
- In a bowl of boiling water, add the tomatoes,onion pieces,garlic,chillies and coriander leaves.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked, and appears soft put the cooked tomatoes in the blender without adding any water
- Grind the tomatoes along with other ingredients thoroughly
- Using a strainer, transfer the puree into a bowl.Dilute if required with a little water
- Let this boil for a few minutes till it thickens slightly
- Pour the steaming hot soup in soup bowls.
- Add the bread pieces.
- (Optional) Garnish the soup with coriander leaves and add a swirl of fresh cream.
- Salt and pepper can be added if needed
- Serve hot with soup sticks