- Maida ( all purpose flour) - 1 cup
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Milk powder - 1 cup
- Coco powder - 2 teaspoons
- Water - 1/4 cup
- In a dry kadai fry the maida till it turns to pinkish brown.Make sure no lumps are formed.
- After it cools down add the milk powder and the choclate powder.
- In a thick bottomed vessel add 1/4 cup of water. Add the sugar.
- Once it starts boiling take 1/2 teaspoon of the syrup and test the consistency between your thumb and index finger. It should be sticky and if you pull your fingers apart a small thread should appear between your fingers. Continue for another 2 - 3 minutes.
- Start adding maida - milk powder mix slowly into the syrup.
- Mix it thoroughly. The sugar syrup would have absorbed the maida mix and will start to converge in the center leaving the sides of the vessel.
- Remove from heat immediately.
- Meanwhile make ready a rectangle tray / plate greased with ghee.If you wish, you can add chocolate chips/ shavings on the tray for garnishing.
- Carefully pour this mix onto the greased tray. Flatten it with the bottom of any of your flat bottomed vessels. ( grease the bottom the vessel with ghee before using that to flatten and shape the sweet)
- Once it cools down, cut into pieces either square or diamond shaped.