Knol-khol or German Turnip ( in North India it is called as Kholrabi) is a stout, round vegetable of the brassica family same as that of cabbage,cauliflower. This tastes mildly sweet, succulent and is rich in vitamins and dietary fiber but has very low calories, no fat, and zero cholesterol.
I thank my friend Sashi for introducing this nice recipe to me.
- Fresh tender Knol-khols 4-5
- Tomatoes 3
- Sambar podi 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard 1 teaspoon
- Oil 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Peel the thick skin of the Knol-khols and dice them into small cubes.
- Cut the tomatoes into pieces.
- Boil the Knol-khol pieces in a pan with a closed lid. It should be cooked in 15 - 20 minutes.
- In a kadai add little oil and add mustard. After it splutters add the tomato pieces.Add chilli powder.
- Pour the boiled Knol-khol pieces. Add the sambhar powder and boil for another 5 minutes.