Tomato Onion Thokku
This is a very easy dish that will go well with rotis, chappathis, poori and Dosais.
- Onions large 3
- Tomatoes 3 to 4
- Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli powder 1 teaspoon ( or to taste)
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Hing a pinch
- Oil 2 teaspoons
- Salt - to taste
- Cut onions and tomatoes into small even pieces.
- In a pan add a spoon of oil.
- Add the mustard seeds. After it splutters add onions, salt, turmeric powder, hing and the chilli powder.
- Saute till the onion turns golden brown. Add the tomatoes and one more spoon of oil.
- Keep turning the contents and after 5 minutes remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
Note: You can add a little more oil and saute till the tomato loses its water content and the mixture thickens. This will keep for 2 days and best suited to carry during your trips.