Idli Milagai Podi
Idli Podi - இட்லி மிளகாய் பொடி
- Urad dal - 1 cup
- Chana dal ( kadalai paruppu) - 1 cup
- Dry red chillies - 20 -22
- Hing - 1 teaspoon
- Sesame seeds - 1 tablespoon ( dry roast and keep aside)
- Sesame oil for roasting - 1 teaspoon
- In a few drops of oil roast the dals till the urad dal turns golden brown and keep aside.
- Remove the stalks from the red chillies and roast them using a few drops of oil.
- Grind sesame, roasted red chillies, hing, salt first. Pause. Add the roasted dals and grind till you get a desired consistency. ( Sooji rava or beach sand consistency before they turn to a smooth powder) Remove and store in a container.
This goes well with idlis or dosas. Use gingelly ( sesame oil ) or Olive oil, though some times, ghee tastes superb. Those who do not want to use any oil can use a little curd to mix the podi.