Ingredients for 2 to 4 persons
Toor dal – 1 cup (200 gms)
Red chillies – 6-8
Oil – 2 to 3 teaspoons
Vegetable – carrot/beans/cabbage/vazhaipoo
Mustard 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Salt 1 teaspoon
Hing powder 1/2 teaspoon or a small piece of hing
- Soak the toor dal for 2 hours.
- Drain the water completely.
- Grind the soaked dal along with red chillies and salt.
- Mean while, boil the veg and drain the water so that it becomes dry and keep it aside.
- Steam cook the toor dal paste ( like you cook idlis) for twenty minutes.
- Then grind or (crush using your fingers) the cooked paste for a few minutes till it becomes loose to a powdery state.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan and add the turmeric and mustard, and saute till the mustard splutters. Add the powdered usili , hing powder mix well for a few minutes. Then add the vegetables and immediately transfer to a serving bowl.If you leave it in the hot kadai this may become dry and hard.