- Panneer ( Cottage Cheese) diced 1/2 cup
- Onion 1 large
- Tomato 1 large
- Fresh or frozen green peas 1/2 cup
- Garlic 1 clove finely chopped
- Cloves 2
- Cardamom 2
- Cinnamon a small piece or 1/4 teaspoon powdered Cinnamon
- Saunf - 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cashew nuts broken 1/4 cup
- Oil for frying 2 teaspoons
- Butter 1 table spoon
- Salt to taste
- Fry the panneer in a teaspoon of oil till it becomes golden brown. Keep aside.
- Boil the green peas and keep aside.
- Cut onions and tomatoes to small pieces.
- In a few drops of oil fry the chopped onions, tomatoes and other spices.
- Grind the above fried items into a smooth paste. ( wash the blender's container with a little water and you can use this in the following steps)
- In a kadai / non stick pan add a teaspoon of oil and the butter. Add the ground paste and the chilli powder. Add some water and the washed water from step 2.
- Let this boil for 7 to 10 minutes till the raw smell of the onion and spices disappear.
- Add the green peas and the panneer.
- Let it cook for another 2 minutes in low heat.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
This Panneer Butter Masala goes well with rotis, Chappatis, Jeera rice and even with toasted bread.