- Fresh Juicy Carrots - 3 to 4
- Moong dal ( payatham paruppu) - 1/2 cup
- Green Chillies - 1
- Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Lemon - 1 ( lemon juice 2 teaspoons)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly grated coconut - 2 teaspoons ( optional)
- Wash the moong dal and soak it in drinking water for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Wash the carrots thoroughly and peel them.
- Using a grater, grate the carrots in a bowl.
- Drain the water thoroughly from the moong dal using a strainer and add the dal.
- Cut a green chilli into small pieces and them.
- Add salt and the lemon juice. ( Squeeze a fresh lime if you have a whole lemon).
- In a skillet heat a spoon of oil and add the mustard seeds. After it splutters pour this into the bowl where you have the carrot.
- Mix thoroughly. Optionally you can add freshly grated coconut also.